Sunday, December 5, 2010

Church Story

i woke up so tired this morning, I absolutely did not want to go to church at ALL! Of course I decide to go
... and I'm so happy I did

We have a class host the mass sometimes. this week the 6th and 3rd graders were doing it. They were short of 6th graders so i volunteered to help (although I'm not a 6th grader obviously). So i was paired up with this cute adorable 3rd grader named Jessica. She was shy; but was capable of getting comfortable and carrying a conversation. So she's holding my hand and we are waiting to march down the aisle of the church. and she goes:
- _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _?
- Yes Jessica?
- i heard your mommy talking to Mrs. S...
- You did?
- Yes!!! They were talking about how your blossoming into a beautiful young lady!
- Oh well that's nice!
-I agree with them... you are beautiful, but how are you blossoming... (she whispers: are you secretly a flower)
- No!! Silly! of course not!!
- Because if you are - i promise i won't tell anyone!!!
- Jessica, i promise I'm not a flower
- OK. I believe you
- Thanks. When we are in church we can't talk we have to have respect, you know?
- Oh!  In that case I'll tell you now. Mrs. S told me her grandson has his eye on you... I've never seen an eye out of someone... can i see her grandson's eye... do you have it???
- (LAUGH!!!)
-What's so funny?
- Oh. nothing. I lost her grandson's eye by accident
- Oh my goodness!! (she laughs)
- any other questions?
- well, your mommy said that you have a lot of luck with guys.
- SHE DID?!
- yes. she did. how do you get lucky?
- umm... well, I'm not sure...
- well. how do you whether or not the boy you like has cooties or not?
- Well, you shouldn't be too concerned right now about that!
- Has a boy ever given you cooties?!?!
- You could say that...
- I'll beat them up!!!
- Jessica!! You are such a little angel, you wouldn't do that!
- ... I'll need nail polish remover, some hot glue, and a blow torch.....
- JESSICA. We are in church!
- (laughs) sorry Miss Jenkins (gives me a hug)
****
(we are seated at mass)
Jessica is singing VERY loud
and i tell her she has a beautiful little voice
and during the middle of the priest sermon she responds (10 minutes later)
** singing ** AND YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL HUGE VOICE!

this little girl made my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment