Monday, January 24, 2011

Promises are being kept a secret

Promises;
promises...
how i define it :
a commitment one puts on him/heself for all eternity

this definition should be changed
no one keeps a promise for all eternity,
at least not an important one

and in this world we live off of promises
as one can imagine
one can make soemones day
but promises are seldom and rarely kept,
which isn't usually bothersome
unless the most important thing to you
was a promise...

and I'll remember when the promise took place
where it took place
and how it was brought up
but
i'll remember just as clearly
as to how that promise, that dream
was shattered into a million lies

and I'll remember how I swore never to let anyone
promise me anything ever again like that
or how i relied on that promise
or how I saw the world differently after you said that,
and after you swore you meant that

this promise
these promises
are all covering the
secrets of reality
that promises are going to be broken
and sure no one should break a promise...
but who's going to stop it from happening?
Promises, are being kept a secret

1 comment:

  1. do i daresay what lies I have told? Nope. I'm good.

    ReplyDelete